Price does not include:
- Accommodation in Samarkand and Bukhara in twin rooms at 2 -3 * hotels.
- Accommodation in guest houses and tent camps (breakfast included) during the bike route.
- Meals: full board during active part of the programme.
- Transportation for the whole period of the tour on comfortable air-conditioned minivan equipped for the bike tours.
- Equipment rental (tents, kitchen, gas, tables, dishes, etc.).
- Preparation of meals by cook.
- Mineral water (2 liters per person).
- Accompanying - cycling specialist from the company.
- Rental of GIANT bicycle, dimensions: S, M, L, XL.
- Spare parts for bicycles (pedals, cameras...).
- Tents, sleeping bags for camping.
- First aid kit.
- Professional English-speaking local guide (specify language of your choice).
- Lunch at a national house in Samarkand on Day 14.
- Entrance tickets to the museums and sights.
- Meals in the cities except lunch in Samarkand on Day 14.
- Personal expenses and tips for driver and guide.
- Number of participants - from 2 to 15 people.
- For a group of more than 14 people 1 person (tour leader) will be offered free accommodation in a twin room, food, transport and entrance tickets.
- The program may be changed according to your preferences.
- The exact price of the tour will be provided after a specific customer request based on the number of participants in the group.
- The cost of the tour will vary depending on the number of guests and the selected transport (car, minibus, bus).
- The cost of the tour can be paid by bank transfer, credit card or other means agreed upon in advance when ordering the tour.
Please contact us if you have any questions or would like to book the tour:
- Cancellation prior 30 days – no charges apply
- Cancellation prior 15 days – 50% charge of the tour price
- Cancellation prior 7 days – 100% charge of the tour price
HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP!
Technical sheet / Additional information
50-70 km of cycling per day. No particular technical difficulties except the altitude difference if you are in VTC. Most of the time you will ride a bike on the roads, bike paths, shared lanes and some secondary roads.
Your luggage will be transported by bus. You will receive your luggage at the hotel. You can take a small bag or backpack during the bike tour.
A travel program will be sent to you with detailed maps, with information on milestones and accommodations, as well as vouchers.
The itineraries offered on our website are suggestions that can be modified or extended. For those, who do not hesitate to contact us: We will adapt to your desires and offer you a program to your measure!
Respect of the itinerary and the content of the program
The programs offered on the website are feasible. The itineraries and activities are likely to be modified, whether before your departure or during your trip, because of imperatives beyond our control: aerial rotations, air delays, schedules and train delays, state of the roads, days of market, museum closing days, weather conditions, geopolitical incidents ... etc. Our priority is to ensure your safety. However, we will do our utmost to ensure that your program is respected to the fullest!
REASONS FOR STAYS - THE GOOD REASONS TO GET THERE
All public. Millennial heritage and culture, typical villages, the Silk Road, desert caravans, adventure. Hospitality. Mountains, steppes, UNESCO World Heritage label, exceptional landscapes, architecture and Silk Road. Ancient civilizations, archeology, religious art. Hiking, crafts, camel ride.
Budget on site
The exchange in Sum (local currency) is done on the spot. It is advisable to bring US dollars and euros in small bills, new notes (in good condition, without tearing and without writing). Credit cards are very useless. It is advisable to change your dollars in banks or exchange offices.
By bus. Carrying luggage and bicycles by vehicle.
Meals cooked in guest house or in a local restaurants. The cuisine of Central Asia is generally healthy, quite varied and you will often have the opportunity to enjoy healthy traditional meals. Be aware that mutton is an important part of the local gastronomy and is often prepared in the form of small skewers (shashliks), kebabs and ravioli. We find some flavors of the Middle East and even the Mediterranean and the influences are Chinese, Russian, Persian, Oriental, etc.
Mineral water for bike days included (3 L per person per day) is provided. For other days, you will easily find bottled mineral water in the shops and restaurants in the cities.
TO GET WITH YOU
To transport your belongings:
For the bike
- If you have a luggage rack, you can fasten your bag on it with tensioners
- Bicycles rented with the option offered by us are provided with the saddlebags. You are also provided with a card holder to fix on the handlebar very convenient to follow your route.
- A follower bag: a backpack or a travel bag in good condition
- It is advisable not to forget your pharmacy kit with some medicine in advance prescribed by your doctor
- Short or long shorts depending on the season
- Cycling gloves
- Sunglasses (against sun, air, midges)
- T-shirts or cycling jerseys
For lunch picnics
Against the sun and the rain
- Plastic bowl or plate (provided by us)
- Cutlery (spoon, fork, knife) (provided by us)
After the effort
- Cream and sunglasses
- Hat, cap (helmet)
- A rain cape
Highlights of the trip:
Nurata, Khiva, Bukhara, Samarkand Ancient fortresses Toprak Kala and Ayaz Kala
- A sweater or fleece
- Comfortable pants
- Spare garment
- A light cotton shirt with long sleeves
- A pair of tennis jogging style for the evening
- Spare clothing and personal laundry
- Toiletry bag
The bottom of the ancient sea with fragments of fossils and remains from dinosaurs.
The "stone forest" in the tract Jarakuduk
is a unique natural phenomenon. It is located in the Kyzylkum desert, in the reserve part of the Mingbulak depression (away from the Uchkuduk-Nukus highway). In terms of diversity and number of finds this is the only such place in the world.
The petroglyphic gallery covers the territory of almost two kilometers and includes about four thousand rock paintings - petroglyphs (from Greek “petros” - a stone and “glyphe” - a carving).
Information about the travel area: about the Kyzylkum desert.